| The following list is intended to provide you with a broad overview of certain factors that should be reflected in your estimate:
- YUPO requires specially formulated inks, coatings and adhesives. Consult with your ink and coating suppliers for more information.
- Unopened packages of YUPO must acclimate to printing room conditions approximately 24 hours prior to printing. During colder months, 48 hours is recommended.
- Optimal conditions for printing on YUPO:
- Additional sheets (service sheets) of YUPO are always included in every package. Discard sheets in contact with the chipboard. (One sheet on top and one sheet on the bottom of each package.)
- Typically, blankets will need to be washed every 2,000 to 3,000 sheets to remove filler dust.
- Set aside enough delivery boards to be able to rack jobs on 4-inch lifts.
- Plan to back up all two sided printing jobs within 24 to 48 hours to prevent gas ghosting.
- Sheets must be aired-up to facilitate drying.
- To maximize drying, press speed should not exceed 7,000 impressions per hour.
- YUPO is non-absorptive and inks must dry completely by oxidation. This process will require longer setting and drying times.